Workshop 3: Medical decision support
- PD Dr. med. Dipl.-Phys. Daniel Truhn, Group Leader, Machine Learning and Musculoskeletal Imaging, Department of Radiology, University of Aachen
- Florian Hinterwimmer, MSc Institute for Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare and Medicine & Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Orthopaedics, Technical University of Munich
- Prof. Dr. Mauricio Reyes, ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering Research Center for AI in Medicine, University of Bern
- Prof. Dr. Peter Schüffler, Head Computational Pathology, Department of Pathology, Technical University of Munich
- PD Dr. med. Benedikt Wiestler, Department of Neuroradiology,Technical University of Munich
- Prof. Dr. Ben Glocker, Biomedical Image Analysis Group, Imperial College London
- Christoph Haarburger, MSc, Co-Founder and CTO CheckupPoint
- PD Dr. med. Dennis M. Hedderich, Department of Neuroradiology, Technical University of Munich
- Ap. Prof. Dr. Hrvoje Bogunovic, Director of Christian Doppler Lab for Artifi cial Intelligence in Retina, Department of Ophthalmology and Optometry, Medical University of Vienna
- PD Dr. med. Georgios Kaissis, Senior Postdoctoral Researcher, Institute for Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare and Medicine, Department of Radiology, Technical University of Munich
- PD Dr. Dr. Alexander Zink, MPH, Department of Dermatology, Technical University of Munich
- Dr. Johannes Rückel, BSc, Department of Radiology & Institute of Neuroradiology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
TranslaTUM, Munich & online
For on-site participation, please register here: Registration – AI for Doctors (ai-for-doctors.com)
We have been one of the first institutions world-wide to focus on the AI education of medical students and postgraduate medical professionals and have previously launched several educational programs and evaluated its results.
Our newly-designed workshops strive to compress the relevant facts and explain them in a comprehensible way for medics. Furthermore, we complement our workshops with exclusive online content on our learning platform.
Participants will earn CME credits and a certificate of attendance from the Technical University of Munich.
We will offer three workshops on medical imaging AI in the first half of 2022, based on the three topics: medical image segmentation, image enhancement and reconstruction and medical decision support.
This workshop covers the reconstruction and medical decision support.
After the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define basic principles of Artificial Intelligence
- Interpret schematic figures of neural networks
- Describe neural network architectures for different purposes
- Evaluate main steps for designing and building an AI algorithm
- Describe pitfalls in medical image segmentation
- Discuss potentials and current limitations of AI for medical image segmentation in clinical practice